Kingston Historical Society
P.O. Box 54
K7L 4V6, CANADA
Welcome to the Kingston Historical Society
The Kingston Historical Society (KHS) is an active group working to create, foster and maintain interest in the history and heritage of the City of Kingston and its environs. We do this in many ways, including monthly meetings with guest speakers, a monthly newsletter (Limelight), a yearly journal (Historic Kingston), and by operating the Murney Tower National Historic Site as a museum. Please take a moment to explore our website for more information, interesting facts and pictures.The objects of the Society are:
- To create, foster and maintain interest in the history and heritage of the City of Kingston and its environs;
- To provide a forum for the presentation and discussion of papers with relevant historical content and to provide for the publication of such papers;
- To organize, supervise, manage, promote and assist in providing and maintaining historical museums, plaques, cairns, and other monuments to the historical past;
- To acquire documents, maps, books, photographs and other historical data and tangible articles of historic interest with a view to the preservation and display as such articles at such times and in such places as may be decided upon by the Society; and
- To be an advocate for the preservation of buildings and areas of historic interest in the City of Kingston and district.
The Kingston Historical Society invites all to the Commemoration Service for Sir John A. Macdonald, the first Prime Minister of Canada, at his grave site in the Cataraqui Cemetery, 927 Purdy's Mill Road in Kingston, on Thursday, June 6th at 1:30 pm. Guest speaker: Arthur Milnes of the Macdonald Bicentennial Commission. This annual tradition combines colourful pageantry and national history. Refreshments to follow. Rain location: 990 Sydenham Road, Christ Church. Information: (613) 453-7078 or (613) 546-8538..
Please click on the event for more details.
2013 Executive & Council
Paul Van Nest
|Editor, Historic Kingston
|Chair, Murney Tower Committee